What is insured?
- Motor Cycles, scooters, mopeds, autocycles and
mechanically assisted pedal cycles
- Three wheeled invalid carriage
Insured against what risks ?
1(a). Loss or damage to vehicle by
accidental external means, fire, lightning, self ignition, external
explosion, burglary, housebreaking or theft, malicious act.
1 (b). Riot and strike; terrorism; earthquake; flood, cyclone and
1 (c). whilst in transit by rail, road, air, elevator, lift.
*Perils under 1 (b) can be deleted and a discount in premium availed.
2. Liability for third party injury/death, third party property and
liability to paid driver.
3. On payment of appropriate additional premium, loss/damage to
electrical/electronic accessories, PA cover for drivers ( other than paid
driver) can also be taken.
4. Certain discounts in premia are also available.
Who can insure?
Owners and /or financier of the vehicle having
insurable interest in it.
What will policy pay and how much?
1. Actual amount spent for repairs/replacement subject to depreciation and
sum insured as per survey report.
2. Garaging and Towing charges - up to Rs 200-
3. Damage to tyres (when vehicle is also damaged) - 50 % of cost of
4. In case of total loss, market value at the time of loss or sum insured
whichever is less.
1. Death or bodily injury to third parties -
2. Death or bodily injury to any person carried in the vehicle provided
they are not carried for hire or reward - Unlimited
3. Liability to paid driver - As per W. C. Act
4. Third party property damage - up to Rs 6000/-
5. All costs and expenses incurred with companys written consent
6. In case of death of the Insured/any person entitled to indemnity for a
liability incurred under this Policy,his personal representative will be
indemnified as in the case of the insured ,if he observes all conditions as
When will policy not pay?