Chevrolet Beat will be available in 3 variants that are the Base PS version, LS version and Fully loaded LT variant. The Beat will be on display at the General Motors pavillion at the 2010 Auto Expo. This latest launch from General Motors will be priced between Rs 3.34 lakhs to Rs 3.94 lakhs.
Chevrolet Beat's concept was developed according to the Global Product Development process. This process includes design, engineering, powertrain and manufacturing organizations.
(Click on Image For Enlarge)
Chevrolet Beat Variants
EngineChevrolet Beat comes with 1.2 litre 4-cylinder engine. The engine used is mated to a five speed manual transmission. This recently launched car model with small displacement engine ensures better fuel economy thereby assuring outstanding mileage. Chevrolet Beat will be powered by a 1.2 litre 4 cylinder engine that will generate 79 bhp of maximum power at 6200 rpm with 108 Nm of maximum torque at 4400 rpm.
A Look at Chevrolet BeatThe latest launch from Chevrolet is a sporty hatchback. A look at this latest launched model gives a feel of urban lifestyle. The headlamps of Chevrolet Beat stretch from the front to the back of the hood. This sporty hatchback has clear polycarbonate lenses as well as bezels that are chrome-coated.
Window - Slanted dynamically upward. The sidelines and rooflines give a sporty look to this latest launched car.
Door - Chevrolet Beat is a five-door vehicle. But the secret vertical rear door handles give this most awaited vehicle from General Motors a 3-door coupe appearance.
Better Driving Experience - The initial reviews of the latest launched model in India - Chevrolet Beat show that this car will offer better driving experience.
- Exterior-color-matched instrument panel
- Door trim in red, blue or silver
- Round tail lamps with clear polycarbonate lenses
- Chrome-coated radiator grille
- Fog lamps, outside mirrors with two-tone color
- A refined-looking roof rack
- A motorcycle-inspired dynamic meter cluster
- Headrests these can be vertically adjusted up to 65 mm
- Various storage places
- Pattern-printed semi-bucket Carbon film-heated seats
PriceOverwhelmed by the response of Chevrolet Cruze in Indian car market, GM India - the automaker has entered the market with much-talked about Chevrolet Beat. The Chevrolet Beat is priced between Rs 3.34 lakhs to Rs 3.94 lakhs. While 20-25% of the production volume will be for buyers in neighbouring countries of India like Sri Lanka, Bangladesh, Bhutan and Nepal, the rest 75% will be for India.
Variants of Chevrolet BeatChevrolet Beat, the latest launch in the small car category will be available in 3 variants:
|Base PS version||Available with power steering, manual AC and rear folding seats||Rs 3.34 lakhs, (ex-showroom, New Delhi)|
|LS version||Available with chrome grille, central locking system and rear parcel tray||Rs 3.54 lakhs, (ex-showroom, New Delhi)|
|Fully-loaded LT variant||Comes with roof rails, auto AC, tilt steering and rear power windows. ABS and airbags are on the options list||Rs 3.94 lakhs (ex-showroom, New Delhi)|
With the launch of this radical new hatchback just before the Auto Show 2010 begins in Delhi tomorrow, Chevrolet has indicated its plans of aggressively growing its market in India. Now its is for us to see whether Chevrolet Beat will be able to beat the heat with its on road performance or not.