Tata Motors is truly an Indian
carmaker. Not only do they understand their Indian buyers' requirements, but
they also incorporate the latest technologies and work upon their esteemed
clients' suggestions to deliver better products every time.
Carrying the legacy forward, Tata Motors
has launched another new iteration of Tata Sumo. This one is called Tata
Motors Sumo Grande MKII. The new SUV, the upgraded version of Sumo Grande
was launched in Mumbai on 14th December, 2009. This recently launched Sumo
Grande MKII will be priced between Rs. 6.43 lakhs and Rs. 7.50 lakhs
The latest version of Tata Sumo comes with 2.2 litre DICOR
diesel unit. According to Tata Motors, the engine of this utility vehicle
makes 120 PS of power and 250 Nm of torque. The vibration level of the
engine has been worked upon and reduced.
This new variant of Sumo Grande comes with 5-spoke steel
wheels that gives this car a more refined look. While the steel wheels have
been changed, the tires' size remains the same as the old Sumo Grande. The
tire size remains to be 235/70 R16.
The Classier Look of Tata Motors Sumo Grande MKII
launched Tata Motors Sumo Grande MKII is better improved. Tata Motors has
worked both on the interiors and exteriors of this utility vehicle (UV).
Some of the major changes include:
- The recently launched Sumo Grande MKII comes with new paint shades
Walnut Gold (as pictured), Platinum Beige and Castle Grey.
- The rear tailgate has the logo of new MKII.
- There is a 2.2 Dicor badge above the side-indicators on the front
- The side-view mirror of this Tata Motors UV has a chrome lined front
grille and indicators.
The interior of Tata Sumo Grande MKII is much better now
and gives a more classier look than the previous version of the people's
favorite carrier. The car design engineers have done some commendable
changes that are add-ons to the overall look of the vehicle.
- The mix of black and beige gives the vehicle a more elegant and
- The fabric used in car seats are soft.
- All the seats especially the front ones are very comfortable.
- There is very less legroom space near the rear seats.
- The Sumo Grande MKII comes with new steering wheel.
- There are thicker brake discs upfront.
- New lining material has been used for the rear drums and a slightly
tweaked booster module.
Older Grande Vs new Sumo Grande MKII
- 4 LEDs have been used on the wing mirrors for the turn signal
- The Suspension System New stabilizer bars are used in the
suspension system for the double wishbone coil springs in the front. At
the rear, new parabolic leaf springs are used. These changes in this
department helps in more optimized differential ratio.
- Entertainment factor in the new version of Tata Sumo has not been
ignored. The Tata Motors Sumo Grande MKII comes with entera high-end
music system with iPod connectivity.
Three Variants of Sumo Grande MKII
- Sumo Grande MKII LX - Priced at Rs 6.43 lakhs (ex-showroom in Delhi)
- Sumo Grande MKII EX Priced at Rs 6.83 lakhs (ex-showroom in
- Sumo Grande MKII GX Priced at Rs 7.50 lakhs (ex-showroom in